Monday, December 19, 2005

I blog therefore I am


Saw this sticker today. As a newbie to the blogging world, I thought it was pretty clever. On a similar, computer-related note, I learned what a "CAPTCHA" is today. I have decided that the name is pretty brilliant. A hybrid of "capture" and "gotcha." It was also quite nice to learn why I have had to enter random scrambled letters into numerous sites. Now that I am aware that they are an effort to stop spamming, I have a new found appreciation for those random, incoherent messages. Another wrinkle in the old brain...

2 Comments:

Blogger jenchen said...

i like captcha too. i think learning it was the highlight of my week (such as it is).

12:15 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is also "an acronym for 'completely automated public Turing test to tell computers and humans apart'" (Wikipedia). Isn't that cool? ;)

1:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home